THE SKULL Announces U.S. Tour With SAINT VITUS
Wednesday, August 3, 2016 @ 1:48 PM
||Kicking Off September 27th|
THE SKULL, featuring vocalist Eric Wagner and bassist Ron Holzner, formerly of metal legends TROUBLE, has announced a fall U.S. tour as direct support to SAINT VITUS. The month-long jaunt will launch on September 27 in Austin, TX, running through October 23 in Tucson, AZ. Joining the revered bands on the tour will be Portland's WITCH MOUNTAIN, which features in its ranks, THE SKULL guitarist Rob Wrong. THE SKULL continues to tour in support of its debut album, For Those Which Are Asleep, a record hailed as "a natural extension of the exemplary work they had been putting out during their 20-plus years with Trouble" by LA Weekly.
Additionally, THE SKULL has announced the addition of Steve Hanford as the band's fill-in touring drummer. Hanford, formerly of hardcore punk legends POISON IDEA, has been recruited to fill in for Sean Saley (PENTAGRAM) on the upcoming tour.
"I'm really bummed to miss this tour, but sometimes life happens and other commitments have forced me to sit out the tour with SAINT VITUS and WITCH MOUNTAIN," comments Saley. However, THE SKULL is in the more than capable hands of a great drummer, "Thee Hippy Slayer" himself, Steve Hanford. Steve will nail this and the band will be great with him on drums! Don't miss this tour!"
THE SKULL tour dates:
(all shows also feature SAINT VITUS and WITCH MOUNTAIN)
THE SKULL's debut album, For Those Which Are Asleep, features ten tracks of elemental Heavy Metal. The record's greatest strength is how well it captures the apocalyptic trudge that the iconic TROUBLE delivered from the first downbeat of their 1984 debut, but now unequivocally propelled by the hallmarks of a hungry new band fueled by new blood. The mighty voice of Eric Wagner is on full display; the vocalist proving on For Those Which Are Asleep that he still wields an eerie power at the mic. Make no mistake, THE SKULL are in complete command of their craft and have capably created a modern classic; a recording where atmosphere is established as drums crash, guitars blare and stories are told.
- 9.27 - Austin, TX - Grizzly Hall
- 9.28 - Dallas, TX - Gas Monkey
- 9.29 - San Antonio, TX - The Mix
- 9.30 - Shreveport, LA - Riverside Warehouse
- 10.1 - New Orleans, LA - One Eyed Jacks
- 10.2 - Atlanta, GA - The Earl
- 10.3 - Raleigh, NC - King’s
- 10.5 - Philadelphia, PA - Underground Arts
- 10.6 - Boston, MA - Middle East
- 10.7 - Brooklyn, NY - Saint Vitus Bar
- 10.8 - Cleveland, OH - Grog Shop
- 10.9 - Indianapolis, IN - 5th Quarter
- 10.10 - Chicago, IL - Reggie's
- 10.11 - Madison, WI - High Noon
- 10.12 - St Paul, MN - Turf Club
- 10.14 - Missoula, MT - Stage 112 (as part of Erosion Festival)
- 10.15 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
- 10.16 - Portland, OR - Star Theater
- 10.18 - Sacramento, CA - Starlite
- 10.19 - Oakland, CA - Metro
- 10.20 - Costa Mesa, CA - Wayfarer
- 10.21 - Los Angeles, CA - Viper Room
- 10.22 - San Diego, CA - Brick By Brick
- 10.23 - Tucson, AZ - Club Congress (as part of Southwest Terror Festival)
Please log in to view RANTS
If you don't have a username, click here to create an account!