WHITECHAPEL Unleashes "Hickory Creek" Video
Sunday, March 31, 2019 @ 9:01 AM
||Album The Valley Out Now|
WHITECHAPEL have released their 7th full-length, The Valley, via Metal Blade Records. Mixed by David Castillo, mastered by Ted Jensen, and produced once again by Mark Lewis (CANNIBAL CORPSE, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER), The Valley is a reference to the part of Hardin Valley (west of Knoxville, Tennessee) where vocalist Phil Bozeman grew up. Set against this backdrop, he approaches his subject matter unflinchingly, building upon everything that came before, making it clear that he has survived that which he was forced to endure and is not afraid to confront it. "Phil has been upfront in his lyrics in the past about hardships he endured in his life as a child, and I believe with this record we tried to paint a better picture of that," says guitarist Alex Wade, who alongside his bandmates, stands 100% behind everything their vocalist has to say. "I feel our music is Phil's release from his past, being able to get it out and speak about it, and hopefully anyone who hears it that may have gone through similar experiences can find some release in it as well."
For a preview of The Valley, the video for the new single "Hickory Creek" (directed by Mathis Arnell) can be seen now on KNAC.COM HERE
To hear the previously released tracks ("Brimstone", "Black Bear", "Third Depth"), please visit: http://www.metalblade.com/whitechapel - where the album can be ordered in the following formats:
* exclusive bundles with shirts, plus digital options are also available!
Anyone throwing The Valley on for the first time will immediately recognize it as the work of WHITECHAPEL, yet as has been the case with each release, there is also evolution in play. "Sound-wise, it's all over the place," Bozeman states plainly. "There's aggression, and then you're hit with ominous and emotional guitar riffs. It's mean, but then transfers to soft and inviting. It's a whirlwind of emotions throughout."
- box set (digipak CD, shoulder bag, 10 art prints, poster)
- clear w/ black smoke vinyl (US exclusive - limited to 600 copies)
- transparent red w/ black smoke vinyl (US exclusive - limited to 500 copies *Indie Retail Exclusive*)
- opaque red inside black haze vinyl (US exclusive - limited to 300 copies)
- opaque cream w/ black splatter vinyl (US exclusive - limited to 300 copies)
- black inside transparent orange haze vinyl (US exclusive - limited to 300 copies)
- orange / red marbled vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 500 copies)
- 180g clear vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 500 copies)
- clear / black marbled vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 200 copies)
- white / orange / red marbled vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 200 copies)
- orange / purple marbled vinyl (EMP exclusive - limited to 100 copies)
- blood splattered vinyl (Impericon exclusive - limited to 100 copies)
The Valley track-listing
- "When a Demon Defiles a Witch"
- "Forgiveness Is Weakness"
- "Hickory Creek"
- "Black Bear"
- "We Are One"
- "The Other Side"
- "Third Depth"
- "Doom Woods"
Please log in to view RANTS
If you don't have a username, click here to create an account!